Friday, May 16, 2014

Thoughts Along the Way----Sounds That I Like




1.      The jingaling of the tags on my dog’s collars.
2.      A good IPA beer pouring in a frosted mug.
3.      The creaking of the springs on my bicycle seat as I ride along slowly.
4.      The mockingbird on our chimney sending a sweet song into the house.
5.      Hummingbirds chirping and clacking wings, fighting over a feeder.
6.      A Harley passing me on an interstate.
7.      Every noise a horse makes.
8.      Wind through pine needles.
9.      The sound of a bobber and split shot hitting the water when bream fishing.
10.  The satisfied groan of my dogs after they reach that happy napping position.
11.  The sound of snow.
12.  A single slice cheese wrapper.
13.  My lawn mower.
14.  The squeaking sand when you walk on the Gulf of Mexico beaches.
15.  Sizzling, popping Conecuh sausage on the grill.
16.  My ‘old fashioned’ ringer on my iPhone.
17.  A buck grunt, a turkey gobble.
18.  A 44 magnum with earmuffs on.
19.  A buzzbait s clacking  across the water at dusk.
20.  Tree frogs interrupted by a 10 octave lower bullfrog.
21.  The crunch of a pork skin.
22.  The Allman Brothers.
23.  A campfire’s low rumble and energy when it really gets going.
24.  An old Volkswagon engine.
25.  Shortwave radio signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment